This beach is unlike any beach I have ever encountered. The action and atmosphere is incomparable to your typical beach. The first time I visited Venice was in the month of August- I don’t like to assume but I think it’s safe to say that it was during their peak season.
In the first 10 minutes of our walk down to the beach I noticed
- A boisterous bum getting arrested
- A man riding his bicycle while smoking a joint
- People rollerblading through us
- Reggae music playing in the background- creating an energetic beach vibe
- The skaters grinding through the mini skate park ON the beach
- People playing basketball ON the beach
- And again, people lifting weights ON the beach
This was all going on while we were attending a muscle beach competition. I loved how busy Venice was! I found really unique gifts and I’m not talking about the tourist key chains or t-shirts either. I found a cart that had home made candle terrariums with sand and ocean figurines in them. Now, that wasn’t something I could just buy anywhere.
Everything about Venice beach was amusing and really enjoyable. Until then, Venice!!